- Plaque A: (Middle plaque) THE OLD FORT In 1858 a group of men came from Provo, surveyed the valley into 20 acre plots and selected the townsite of Heber. The following winter twenty families stayed here. As protection from the Indians they built a fort 1 block south and 1 block west from this site. Homes built of cottonwood logs and joined together formed the outside walls of the fort. A schoolhouse 20 by 40 feet was built within the fort with two fireplaces and a stage. The building also served for church and socials. In 1860 the fort was enlarged to house forty-four families.
- Plaque B: (On left) Elizabeth Carlile Jean Clotworth George Carlile John Crook John Carlile William Davidson James Carlile James Davis C. N. Carroll Richard Jones
- Plaque C: (On right) John Jordan Alex Sessions John Lee Bradford Sessions James Laird John Sessions Hyrum Oaks Charles Thomas Thomas Rasband Elisha Thomas
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup