Tags

, , , ,

A natural ford on Bear River, first used by Indians, trappers and explorers, was selected by John Hailey in 1863, as the crossing point for his new stagecoach road from Salt Lake City, Utah to Boise, Idaho. Unknown hands carved “Boise Ford, 1853” on a large stone on each bank of the river. Located approximately three quarters of a mile south and two miles east of this marker, the ford was used until bridges were built.

ImageImage

Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup