Hooper was first called Muskrat Springs because of the spring, the main fresh water supply in the area. Mm. H. Hooper built a herd house 1853. Jessie W. Fox surveyed the range 1858. James Hale and his wife came 1863. Lived in a dugout and sold salt. Twenty two families followed in 1869. A canal was dug by hand from the Weber River, taking two years to complete. Charles Parker erected molasses mill. Henry W. Naisbitt built steam gristmill 1873. Henrietta Belnap, first school teacher.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup