In 1870, the Wm. J. Hill, Chauncey Hadlock families built homes in this area. Culinary water was brought from Weber River in barrels until the Fife Community Irrigation Ditch was finished. D.P. Davis, first school teacher, charged $5.00 per child. Other firsts: Peter Terry’s Spring; Maren J. Mitchell, Midwife; John Bruce, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Sunday School Supt. Early landowners: Mark A. Child, John Muir, Wm. E. Stokes, James Burnett, Mark Elmer.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup