Feb. 1866 work began on this chapel, Ruben G. Miller, supervisor. Built with sandstone foundation, thick walls of adobe from Jas. C. Hamilton’s yard, covered with sand plaster then painted to resemble blocks. Wooden pins fastening three 2 x 50 foot roof timbers are still in place. Building contained plank seats placed on sawed-off-logs, four kerosene lamp chandeliers, large sheet iron heater. Dedicated 1876, by Pres. Wilford Woodruff.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup