In the 1860’s miners, granite quarry freighters and stagecoach drivers used a halfway camping ground 333 yards to the so. west on Little Willow Creek. Others built homes, boarding houses, 2 stores, 3 saloons, a slaughter yard, blacksmith shop, warehouse, livery stable. F.A. Hoofman & Co. Real Estate Office – John W. Lawrence, Agent. Population reached about 500. After 1871, town was moved to Little Cottonwood Canyon and renamed Ragtown. Several unmarked graves are all that remain.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup