In 1859 George A. Smith sold his Mexican land grant to Alexander Beckstead who, with others, settled one-half mile to the south. They dug a five mile ditch from Jordan River, in operation since completed in 1863. Adobe community house built, 1864. John Winward, first school teacher. In 1863 L.D.S. Branch organized, James Woods, Pres., succeeded by Wm. A. Bills, 1867, who became bishop in 1877. Later, on this site, a 30 x 46 ft. granite-adobe chapel was erected also used for school and recreation.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup