In 1852 Isaac Behunin and family came to Pine Creek. By 1854 seventy-seven families had arrived. Branch L.D.S. Church organized, Rueben W. Allred was presiding elder. Reddick N. Allred captain of militia. Ft. Ephraim incorporated as a city 1868, George Taylor Sr., Mayor. Agnes Armstrong, schoolteacher. Pupils used soft yellow rock for pencils. After Indian raids ended, each man was alloted 20 acres of land outside fort. Home, built near this spot, had the above engraved rock over the door.