In 1867-68 a building used for church and school was erected. Morgan Stake, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, organized July 1877, in a bowery built for that purpose, Willard G. Smith, Stake President. In 1878 John K. Hall helped draw plans for the present $8,000 structure, built of blue limestone rock taken from Como Springs Quarry, George Criddle Jr., Henry Rock, Conrad Smith, Masons. First Conference held May 1882. Later, dedicated by President John Taylor.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup