Dry Creek, later called Mount Pleasant was settled 1886, the first public building erected in this area, 1891, was a log schoolhouse also used as a church. Students furnished their own desks and stools. George Hardman, Teacher. Osmond Ward, organized September 8, 1901, Andrew M. Neilson, Bishop. Named (sic) honored George Osmond, First President of Starr Valley Stake, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup