In the early 90’s the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints organized a branch in Lost River Valley. The people built a church 1.03 miles south of this site. It was 38 x 54 feet, four windows on each side, double doors in front and a stage at one end. Lumber hauled from Hurst Mill while doors, windows and shingles came from Eagle Rock. James King was the first Presiding Elder, Andrew C. Jensen the first Bishop. The building served for all religious and social gatherings. It was moved to Moore in 1910, renovated, enlarged and used until 1950 when it was razed.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup