Isaac Chase – Brigham Young
This home was erected 1853-1854 by Isaac Chase who with his wife Phebe and their family came to Utah in 1847. Originally it had eight rooms, including a large kitchen with a built-in dutch oven. The adobes were made on the Church Farm and the small glass window panes were freighted across the plains. Phares Wells, Sr. was chief carpenter. About 1859 the Chase property, including the home and mill, was traded to Brigham Young. Then members of the Young family lived in the residence. The entire area was purchased by Salt Lake City, April 28, 1881, and the adobe occupied by park employees until 1984 when it was leased to The Daughters of Utah Pioneers and restored by them.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup