On this site in 1857 the Twentieth Ward or Twentieth District School was erected, John Toone builder. The one large room served for school, church and recreation. In 1860 a two-story addition was constructed. Pupils came from all parts of Salt Lake Valley and other Utah counties. The first teacher was a Mr. Dixon. In 1892 an eighteen class-room school, named “Lowell” was erected. It was razed by fire in 1960 and the present building completed and occupied in 1964.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup