In 1848, Eric C.M. Hogan and Family settled in South Bountiful. In 1858, he built this cabin of native logs for wife, Ingeborg. The slab roof was fastened with wooden pegs. A ladder in corner served an upper room. Hannah joined the family in 1862, whose five children were born here. After seventeen years, a larger home was built and the cabin became a granary. Given to D.U.P. by Hyrum and Margaret Hogan for a Relic Hall. Moved to this location 1976. Plaque B: Designed and erected by Arch and Jessie Boulton assisted by Vernal Salter, Elden Moss, 1978.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup