Church leader Erastus Snow helped select a new site for Chicken Creek Settlement, relocated due to unfavorable living conditions. Brigham Young named it Levan. Snow appointed W. Morgan and James Wilson as supervisors. Early in 1868, Wm. Dye built a dugout home. Other first families to move were Jabes Broadhead and Jacob Hofheins. James Wilson, first schoolteacher, taught in one room of the Seth Ollorton home. Wm. Tunbridge, town physician.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup