Circleville was originally settled in 1864. The town was named for the shape of the valley in which it is located, Circle Valley. The valley is completely circled by mountains except where the Sevier River goes in and out of the valley on the north and south.
On Jun 28th, 1866, the town was abandoned by the original settlers. A few settlers began to trickle back into the area in 1873 and the town was re-established in 1874 when Charles Wakeman Dalton crossed the mountain from Beaver with two of his wives and family.
Circleville became an incorporated community on 24 August 1921. Local residents were interested in facilitating the public services which municipal government provides, and they were particularly interested in building a culinary water system.
Click here to see the other places in Utah.