Clinton is a city in Davis County. It is part of the Ogden–Clearfield, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 12,585 at the 2000 census, while the 2008 estimates placed it at 19,855. Clinton grew rapidly during the 1990s and continues to see rapid growth.
Dry farming began in the area of Clinton in 1879. By 1881 there was a railroad station. In 1884 a branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized in Clinton named the Summit Basin Branch.
A ward was organized in Clinton in May 1897, which was named Clinton.