This is the site of the North Farmington School built in 1860. Ut was a two-story, red brick building and the first public building in North Farmington. The “little res school house,” as it was called, was used for school, church, and social functions. When the North Farmington Ward was organized on March 11, 1917, meetings were held in this school until the L.D.S. chapel across the street was built in 1919.
This marker was placed in commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the North Farmington Ward by the young men and young women of the Farmington Utah North Stake in 1992.