This monument stands 62 feet south, 2 feet east of the center of the fort built in 1862 by William M. Wall and the pioneers of Wallsburg. 20 families lived in the fort which was 400 feet square. This valley known to the Indians as Little Warm Valley, was later called Round Valley and finally Wallsburg, honoring its founder.
See other historic markers in the series on this page for UPTLA/SUP Markers.
See other Wallsburg related posts here.