This building, popularly known as the Panaca Co-op, was constructed of adobe in 1868, by the (Mormon) “Panaca Cooperative Mercantile Institution” comprising more than 100 stock holders—to meet barter, merchandising and marketing needs. Wagons from Salt Lake drawn by six-mule teams, carried stocks to, and produce from, Panaca and way stations.
See other Nevada Historic Markers here.
Pingback: Panaca, Nevada | JacobBarlow.com
Pingback: Nevada Historic Markers | JacobBarlow.com