Captain Albert Tracy on April 7, 1860 reported that the station at the mouth of Echo Canyon was being used for a system of relays known as the “Pony Express.” The next day he was passed by Dave, the Express Boy, on his Kentucky Racer going east in a snow storm. John Ridge in July 1861 stated that a good supper can be had at Weber Station.
James E. Bromley, division superintendent from Pacific Springs, Wyoming to Salt lake City for the Pony Express Company settled at this site.
Originally there were two wood buildings at the site, the station and the stables. More substantial buildings were built later to serve the stage line and then the railroad. These original two buildings stood at this site. Later on Echo City was laid out by the Union Pacific Railroad.