One of the historic marker plaques in Provo Canyon.
Riverfront Office Property – Screening Structure.
A screening structure once stood across the river. This building was manned 24 hours a day. The main road up Provo Canyon passed this site and went under the flume.
In 1952, the wooden flume was replaced with a steel pipeline. A flow-measuring structure and sand traps were connected to the building. Today’s automated trash-rakes at the diversion remove debris, eliminating the need for this building and 24-hour occupancy.