Frederick & Anna Anderson Home
This one-and-a-half story Victorian style house is one of the best preserved of the remaining cross-wing houses in Sandy and is representative of a common house type in the community’s mining, smelting, and small farm era. The cross-wing house became popular in the 1860s and 1870s in Utah.
The home was built c. 1890 by Frederick and Anna Anderson who lived in it for eight years. Joseph Fones, a prominent choir director in Utah, then purchased it, presumably for one of his six wives, in 1898. Ten years later it was sold again. In 1912 F.O. Sigfred Kim and his wife, Amelia Marie Erickson, bought the house, raised their six children there, and lived in it until Sigfred’s death in 1984. Sigfred was employed by the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad.