John & Annie Johnson House
The John and Annie Johnson house, Built c. 1888, is significant for its association with Sandy’s historical development, it is a one and one-half story cross wing house built of adobe brick and wood frame and covered with stucco. The house retains many of its original Victorian Eclectic details. Additions include a large dormer on the east side of the main gable and a large addition to the rear.
The property was first owned by William and Amoryllis Vincent, a prominent early Sandy couple who owned most of the property on Pioneer Avenue. In February of 1894, John and Annie took out a mortgage of $2,200, and this transaction either represents construction of the house or, most likely, a remodeling of an existing building. This house has had several subsequent owners.
Pingback: Historic Sandy | JacobBarlow.com