, , , ,


The Jail House

The jail is a small one room building constructed from black lava rock gathered in the nearby foothills.  The exact date of construction is not known, however, it is assumed to be built by Sheriff Hardy around 1880.  Though used as a granary after the new County Jail was built in the late 19th century, it was apparent that it at one time was a jail in that the original bars are still in the windows.