Pioneer – Washington County – Courthouse
St. George was designated as the County Seat on January 14, 1883. This building was begun in 1866 and completed in 1876. It served the County government as offices, the 18-inch thick walls housed the jail in the basement and school was held upstairs during the day and served as a courtroom by night. Still reflecting days old are the original panes of glass alongside the entrance doors, the chandeliers, security vault, exterior cornice work, roof cupola dome and original murals of Zion and Grand Canyons in upstairs assembly room.
The McQuarrie Memorial Museum (DUP Museum) is also here.
Pioneer Museum –
This red brick building completed in 1938 was financed by Mrs. Horttense McQuarrie Odlum to house pioneer relics. The addition was financed by Ferol McQuarrie Kincade in 1985. Daughters of Utah pioneers volunteer their serves as decents for the museum.