Little Church of the West is a wedding chapel on the Las Vegas Strip in Las Vegas, Nevada that is listed on the United States National Register of Historic Places. Built of California redwood, it was intended to be a replica of a typical pioneer town church. It is the oldest building on the Strip.
The Little Church of the West opened its doors in 1942 on what would become The Strip. The chapel was originally built as part of the Hotel Last Frontier complex on the Las Vegas Strip. The chapel was moved from the north side of the hotel to the south side in 1954. In 1979, to make way for the Fashion Show Mall, the chapel was moved onto the grounds of the Hacienda. In 1996, when the Hacienda was closed and demolished, the chapel moved again to its current location on the east side of the strip south of the Mandalay Bay.
The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 14, 1992.
In 2012, the Little Church of the West celebrated its 70th anniversary and remains the oldest chapel on the Las Vegas Strip.
Pingback: Nevada | JacobBarlow.com