The Brick Oven History
Brick Oven has been around for as long as most locals can remember. Back in 1956, Stadium Lunch was converted into one of Provo’s first pizza parlors. A contest determined the first name – Heaps a Pizza.
At one time or another the landmark of Heaps a Pizza, Heaps, and Brick Oven have been the favorite hangout, first fate, engagement dinner, or family treat of most folks in Provo.
Stadium Lunch, Durfey Cleaners, Stadium Market, Campus Barber Shop and four houses, all on the corner of 150 East and 800 North, have given way to their growth since 1956.