John & Harriet Farrer Home
Built in 1904, this single story brick structure is one of the best preserved examples of the cross-wing plan in Sandy. It retains a majority of its original Queen Anne and Victorian eclectic detailing and is expressive of the local craftsmanship and use of native materials. The main entry to the house has been created with an angled vestibule placed at the inside corner of the intersecting wings. the gables at the projecting and intersecting wing are triangulated by a full cornice return and were originally detailed with a variety of patterned shingles.
This building was constructed by it’s owner, John W. Farrer, and may be among the best work of this local builder. John and Harriet Worthington Farrer sold this home in 1909 to Nephi Anderson, a local farmer, who sold the home to Bertram and Maude Vincent in 1918. Bertram died the following year and his wife continued to live in the home and supported herself and her young family by working in the garment industry.