The Woodruff Villa, built in 1891, is an eclectic Victorian residence combining decorative elements of the Queen Anne and Eastlake styles.
Wilford Woodruff was president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the time of the house’s construction. This home symbolized the end of conflict between federal authority and the Mormons over the issue of plural marriage ended by the 1890 Manifesto. Church leaders came out of hiding and became publicly visible. The Woodruff Villa, with a carved stone bearing its name on the facade, signified that visibility by Wilford Woodruff.