George Leroy Smith (known as “Roy”) began in the drug store business while he was still in high school, about 1910. The store was called Pleasant Grove Drug and was located across the street from it’s current location.
Hedquist Drug bought the store in 1915 and Roy continued as the store’s manager.
In 1917 the store moved across the street to it’s current location and Roy received his pharmacy license that same year.
In 1929, Roy bought the store from Hedquist Drug. The store remained Hedquist Drug until 1935 when the name was changed to Smith Drug. (more at smithrexalldrug.com)