The First School House in Wyoming
In 1860 Judge Wm. A. Carter erected this school house for the education of his four daughters, two sons and other children of the fort. Competent instructors from the east were employed and the students of this school were permitted to enter Eastern colleges without further preparation. Thus the way was paved for future education in Wyoming.