Commercial Club Building
1908-1910, Ware & Treganza
Mining magnate Samuel Newhouse donated this site to the Commercial Club as part of his plan to strengthen the non-Mormon south downtown. The Commercial Club was organized by Salt Lake City businessmen in 1902 to attract new businesses to city. This building was constructed as a luxurious gathering place for the club’s members. It once contained a swimming pool, banquet rooms, and game rooms. The loggia on the sixth floor and balconies on the third floor are typical of the Second Renaissance Revival style. Its polychromatic terra-cotta, inlaid mosaic tiles, and copper cornice make the Commercial Club one of the most colorful buildings in the city.
Located at 32 Exchange Place in Salt Lake.