George T. Spokes House
This house was built c.1900 by George T. Spokes, a local builder. Although never lived in by Spokes, it remained in his family until the 1960s. Designed by David C. Dart, the Victorian Eclectic architecture style of the house contributes to the character of this district. The octagonal corner tower with conical roof, decorative brickwork, and round-arched windows are only a few of the design features. In addition to designing houses for Spokes and others, David C. Dart was the architect for the Judge Building at 300 South and Main Street.