Byron Cummings House
The Byron Cummings House was built in 1891 as part of the Perkins’ Addition subdivision, which is architecturally and historically significant as the most visually cohesive example of a streetcar subdivision within Salt Lake City. In addition to the distinctive architectural styling of the houses, the Perkins’ Addition development communicates the historical themes of non-Mormon settlement patterns, out-of-state influence on real estate development and the impact of electric streetcars on the expansion of Salt Lake City. Byron Cummings was the first dean of the School of Art and Science at the University of Utah and was instrumental in the founding of the athletic program at the University of Utah.
Located at 936 East 1700 South in Salt Lake City.
See other historic homes in Salt Lake here.