William Christopherson House
The William Christopherson house, built c. 1893, is a one-story brick house of a type known as a central clock with projecting bays. Its Victorian Eclectic detailing was quite common for the era. The house is significant for its association with Sandy’s historical development.
William Christopherson may have built the house for his parents then moved out after his father died in 1898. William’s mother, Anna, died in 1906, and the house was sold shortly after to William and Sophronia Bateman. William headed the Bateman Agricultural and Development Company and was also an “order keeper” at the silent movies. Sophronia raised five other children besides twelve of her own. In 1940 Sophronia deeded the house to her son-in-law Frank Goff. She did in July of 1944 at the age of 91, the oldest living resident of Sandy at the time.