1027 East South Temple
Constructed in 1909, the house was originally built for Hugh L. and Lucie R. Thomas. An Ohio native, Mr. Thomas spent his career working as the superintendent of the Utah-Idaho-Nevada Telephone Company and later for the White Pine Telephone Company. The home was sold in 1936 to Agnes Smith Knowlton. The two-story dwelling has an irregular floor plan and exhibits minor Colonial Revival and Craftsman-style detailing. Character-defining features include its hip roofs with exposed rafters and clinker brick masonry. The home is a contributing feature of the Salt Lake City South Temple Historic District.