Walter H. Dayton / David O. McKay House
From 1945 to 1964, this was the home of David O. McKay, the ninth president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In addition to church service both he and his wife, Emma Ray Riggs McKay, were public school teachers. The original owner of the house was Walter H. Dayton, a well known Salt Lake City businessman. He built the house in 1906. In 1964 the house was purchased by the Utah Congress of Parents and Teachers, and since that time has been used as their state headquarters.