The Bardsley Building
This brick structure was built in 1925 by a long familiar face on the Park City scene, Dr. William J. Bardsley, who began his local medical practice in 1903 and continued to serve Park City’s medical needs for over half a century. This building accommodated his offices and equipment at street level and housed his family on the second floor.
During the ebb of Park City’s fortunes in the 1950’s the building was abandoned. A beauty parlor occupied the premises in the late 1960’s, after which an art studio and gallery were established and are still present under the name “The Painted Pony”.
Rectangular in shape with a flat roof, the front facade has one recessed entry and one projecting arched entry. The second level features five bays, with a center door opening onto a rounded balconet. The building’s use of brick reflects the prevalent material used in Park City commercial structures in the 1920’s and 1930’s. Brick rendered these buildings less vulnerable to the fires which had ravaged son many Main Street buildings throughout local history.
Located on historic Park City Main Street in Park City, Utah.
Pingback: Park City Main Street | JacobBarlow.com