Constructed in 1926, this is a later interpretation of a simple mining community commercial structure. Its use of brick reflects the concern with fire proofing Main Street buildings after the fire of 1898, which destroyed most of the wood buildings on Main Street. It also underscores the transition of Park City from a transient mining camp to a permanent community.
Dominick Giacoma, an Italian, was the original owner of the building. Mr. Giacoma represented one of the newer ethnic groups which resided in early Park City. The building has housed a variety of commercial ventures and has long been the home of the Rock & Silver shop. The rear and upper level have also accommodated offices and living quarters.