The Golden Rule Store
This one-story commercial structure was built in 1909, and is a typical example of the mining town commercial design of its time. The front facade features the recessed double entrance and large display windows characteristic of Main Street store fronts in early Park City.
The building was originally occupied by the Golden Rule store, part of a chain of clothing and variety stores owned by J.C. Penney Company. In the late 1940s it was a Safeway grocery store. It then housed the grocery business of Earl Reseign, who moved his market here after many years of operation on Park Avenue. Reseigh was Park City’s mayor in the 1940s and 1950s. In the 1960s the premises were occupied by another grocery concern, Day’s Market. It was converted to the Black Pearl bar and restaurant in the late 1970s.