Jenkins Photography Studio – Jenkins Confectionery
The Jenkins Photography Studio, which produced many significant historical photographs, was opened in 1919 by Joseph Edward Jenkins and his wife, Marjorie Wilkes Jenkins.
In the 1920’s, the storefront advertising introduced the residents of Park City to the advent of the radio and photograph. J. E. Jenkins proudly played a radio on Main Street in front of the store so everyone passing by could listen to the new history-making invention.
A big change came in 1934 when the photography studio was converted to a confectionery named Pop Jenks. From then on and for the rest of their lives, J. E. Jenkins and Marjorie Jenkins would be known as “Pop Jenks” and “Ma Jenks” to scores of children, customers and friends.
Pop enjoyed his photography for many years. his daughter, Thelma Uriarte, later donated these photographs and negatives to the Park City Historical Society, so that all could enjoy the history he captured on film.
Located on historic Park City Main Street in Park City, Utah.