This building once served as the Masonic Hall for Uintah Lodge No. 7. Fraternal and secret societies flourished in Park City in the late 1900’s. Their meeting halls played a significant role in the town’s social fabric.
The Park City Masonic Association was organized in 1878, chartered in 1880, and met at various locations until this building was constructed in 1908 at a cost of $6,000. When the Masons became inactive the building went through a long period of abandonment or diverse uses.
The unusual arrangement and shape of windows were covered over with siding for many years, hiding these distinctive features. Old photographs were used as a guide to restoring the building to its original condition in 1983. This major restoration once again brought the three story, vernacular institutional style structure to its former place as a vital element of Park City’s commercial district.