29 South Main
This building was built in 1914 by one of Cache Valley’s leading merchants and prominent citizens, George W. Thatcher. It is a large, two-story, dark red brick building with typically large, rectangular windows of a very regular pattern. The cornice is prominent but not dominant. It originally housed one of the valley’s most distinctive women’s department stores, Shamhart and Christensen’s. The land upon which the building is situated was originally owned by Luna Young, daughter of Brigham Young, wo married George W. Thatcher.