37 South Main
This large, two-story, brick building is one of Logan’s early examples of commercial architecture, with some Victorian embellishments added. The building was constructed in 1902 by George W. Thatcher. KVNU, the first radio station in Logan, got its start in the area above the entrance to the theatre; this is also where the local Republican Party held its first meetings. The building was originally build to house the Studebaker Wagon Company. George W. Thatcher and some associates decided that Logan needed a grand theater; eleven years later the Capitol Theatre was completed. In its day, it was used for grand performances and was one of the finest facilities of its kind. After the 1950’s it was primarily used for movies. A $6.4 million renovation has restored the ornate interior in spectacular fashion. The theatre now presents musical, theatrical and world-class opera performances.
Located on historic Main Street in Logan, Utah
Pingback: Theaters in Utah | JacobBarlow.com