Cedar Fort School
Constructed in 1909, the Cedar Fort School is historically significant as the only remaining two-room schoolhouse in Utah County, and one of a small handful in the state of Utah. This building is a rare extant example of the many schoolhouses that were built in the twenty years after the state legislature created the Free Public School Act in 1890 for the purpose of greatly increasing the number of schools in the state. Architecturally, the school is important for retaining its distinctive character-defining features on the principle facades. Its Victorian Eclectic style combines a mix of Romanesque Revival (popular in the late nineteenth century for institutional buildings) and the then newly emerging Prairie School style. This mix of styles was quite common in the state during the first two decades of the century. The building particularly contributes to the town of Cedar Fort, Utah, which retains few examples of its historic architecture.