“These are the mill stones from the first grist mill in this area”
It was built in 1863 by Elam Cheney, Sr. a pioneer of 1847. At the request of President Brigham Young he quarried & shaped the stones & moved them & his family to Fairview where he also blacksmithed the iron & carpentered the wood.
The stones were turned by an overshot water wheel with water from the Sanpitch River.
– By the Cheney Family Association – 1965