John Frantzen House
One of the better examples of a vernacular folk building in Spring City, this symmetrical one-and-a-half story Hall and Parlor house was constructed in 1873-74 by John Frantzen. An early convert to the LDS Church, Mr. Frantzen emigrated from Norway to Utah in 1857. Frantzen served a two-year church mission in Denmark, was a first counselor to the Spring City LDS Bishop for fifteen years, and he practiced polygamy – marrying two wives.
Located at 73 South Main Street in Spring City, Utah
This one and one half story hall-parlor house was built by John Franzten (1837-1905). It is one of the few remaining adobe houses along Main Street. A Mormon convert, Frantzen immigrated from Norway in 1857, settling first in Lehi, then Spring City in 1860. Active in the LDS church as first counselor to the Spring City bishop for 15 years, he was a practicing polygamist with two wives and served a jail term for cohabitation. It is likely that one room of the house served as the first store in town.*