Named for Edward F. Beale, this station on the Southern Pacific rail line was established in 1876 as a depot and telegraph office. Service was discontinued in 1913. Beale was superintendent of California Indian Affairs during the 1850’s. In 1865 he became owner of the adjacent Rancho El Tejon.
This historic marker was dedicated July 15, 1962 and placed by Kern County Historical Society.
It is California Historic Landmark #741 – see others on this page.