In 1866, a group of Mormon Scandinavians were called by the Latter-day Saints Church to establish this settlement and develop an irrigation project from the waters of the Malad River. Their first homes were dug-outs built in the west bank of the Bear River north of the steel bridge, which now spans the river. In the fall of 1867, they built homes in a fort for protection from the Indians. This cabin was built there by Lars C. Christensen and his wife, Christiane, handcart pioneers of 1859.
This is DUP Marker #99 located at Bear River City Park at 4549 West 5900 North in Bear River City, Utah